NEW! Beginning in 2017, we are going to discontinue hosting the Best of Elk Grove Party / Fund-raiser. We have seen in recent years the influx of community events and non-profit fund-raisers in Elk Grove. We recognize that businesses have difficulty trying to support all of them. We at the Best of Elk Grove going forward want to focus more on being a platform for local businesses and offer more local visibility.
We will now offer printed certificates and window clings to the top 3 winners in each category based on their place. Going forward, winners who would like a printed version of their certificate and window cling will need to order them. These will be free to the businesses who won. An order form will be available once the winners have been announced.
1. Read through the Competition Rules to ensure your business is eligible to participate.
2. New participants can register their business here before June 1st. You only need to register once and you will be included in each years competition as long as you continue to meet the eligibility requirements.
Businesses may select up to 3 categories they can participate in - you must legitimately offer those services to be included. If you would like to request a new category there is space to do so. We will review the request, if its not already listed and it meets our criteria we will add it. Each year we assess the categories, some category names have been modified so that everyone who qualified can participate. All categories must have a minimum of 2 or more businesses registered to be included or considered as a new category in the competition. We will not add "specialized categories" like Best Dog Walker. That would fall under the Best Pet Services category as an example.
3. Download our free Marketing Tools to help you promote your business. Its important that you inform your customers, friends and family utilizing social media, your website, email marketing, and in-store signs. There is a lot of competition to win first place each year and we only list the top 3 winners with the most votes in each category. So even placing in the top 3 is important as well if you want to be listed on the website.
4. The competition will be a one month of voting from August 1st through August 31st.
5. All voting will be conducted through the Best of Elk Grove Website. Direct people to visit www.bestofelkgrove.org.
6. If you have other questions that may have not been answered you can visit our FAQ.
Voting Dates | August 1st - 31st
To win within your category, you must receive the most votes. Only the top 3 businesses in each category will be listed (unless there is a tie) on the website.
Winners Announced / Certificates
Winners will be be live on the website as soon as the ballots have been tabulated. Printed certificates, window clings and badges will now be available to the top 3 winners in each category based on their place. An order form will be posted along with the final winners list.
The Best of Elk Grove voting ballot software is outsourced to a third party
company that facilitates the Online voting portion of the competition.