1. The first rule of this Competition is to Have fun! The goal of the Best of Elk Grove is to create awareness for all the great small businesses we have in Elk Grove. We want the competition to be fun for all who participate win or lose.
2. The Competition is Free to participate.
3. The Competition is open to all Elk Grove businesses, organizations and individuals as long as they meet the Competition requirements - Read How to Participate.
4. Organizations who would like to participate should have a current registered Business License with the City of Elk Grove. Registered non-profits are not required to have a business license.
5. Your organization must reside and/or do business* within the Elk Grove, CA city limits. We verify all participants via the the City of Elk Grove's Business License database, Social Media and registered Website. This rule is excluded for certain non business related categories. *If you own a Mobile Food Truck or your business is 100% mobile you may participate, but you may not have an office or retail store front outside of Elk Grove, CA.
6. New participants must register before June 1st each year to be included in the competition. Participants must legitimately provide services or specialize within no more than 3 category(s). All categories must have a minimum of 2 or more participants to be included or considered as a category in the Competition. If you don't see your organization listed, you either did not register, you did not meet the requirements or we were unable to verify your business. You only need to register once and you will be automatically included in each year's Competition as long as you continue to meet the requirements or you notify us that you not longer want to participate.
7. One ballot submission per person. If someone in your household or office would like to vote, they may not use the same device, computer or shared network. We highly recommend not using public Wi-Fi accounts either. Voters are required to enter a selection in each category to assist in detouring multiple submissions. There is an option to select "None" if there isn't a business you want to vote for in a specific category.
Several forms of security both during and after the Online competition has ended. Ballot submissions are reviewed prior to the final winners list being released. Voting is anonymous, however duplicate ID submissions will be scrubbed and will not be counted into the final results - which may change where a business places in the end. We have a responsibility to those who are competing to provide a fair and accurate voting process that ensures that no one abuses the integrity of the competition.
8. Winners will be determined by popular vote. The Best of Elk Grove competition results are held private by the Best of Elk Grove Facilitators until ballot tabulations have been finalized and posted to the website.
9. By participating in the Best of Elk Grove you grant us permission to use your business name, likeness and or image for use in our marketing and promotional materials related to the competition.
10. The Best of Elk Grove facilitators reserve the right to remove any business that has entered the competition incorrectly or has used marketing materials, badges, language or behavior that is not in line with the competition. Participants who violate the rules will receive a written warning about the incident prior to further action being taken.
11. Kreative Design / Marketing (Facilitator) will not be a participant in the Best of Elk Grove competition. Customers of Kreative Design / Marketing will not receive any form of preferential treatment. All competition participants are considered equal and will be treated as such.
The Competition Facilitators assume no responsibility for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer systems, servers, software, Internet service providers, or e-mail systems; failure of any entry to be received on account of technical problems or incomplete, late, lost, damaged, illegible or misdirected electronic communications; or any combination thereof, including damage to entrants' or anyone else's computer equipment related to or resulting from participation or downloading of any materials in this Competition. Participation in the Competition constitutes an agreement by each participant to be bound by these Official Rules. By registering for the Competition, the participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Competition, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (2) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred in entering the Competition, but in no event attorney's fees; and (3) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses incurred in entering the Competition. The Facilitators are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by web site users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Competition.
12. By participating and/or voting in the Competition, you acknowledge the understanding of and agreement with the Official Rules.